Please read over these questions and answer at least 6 of them, with 1 and 9 being required. Copy the questions into an email or Google doc or any document you can attach to an email, answer those you choose, and send to me: email@example.com.
Note that this does not require long answers, unless it serves you to write more. The point is the reflection—you tuning in to you, honoring your own knowing—plus all I gain from reading your thoughts that will serve me to respond to you in the most fitting way.
1. What’s the current issue you need help with? What do you want to clear out? What do you want to bring in?
2. What do you see as the invitation in this situation? That is, if a panel of angels had set this up for you to build a muscle, understand something more deeply, get a lesson down that you know you’ve been grappling with or ignoring—what is it? How is this all perfect for your healing and evolution?
3. How have you dealt with this situation so far? Include both what does and doesn’t seem to be working.
4. What do you already know to do that you aren’t applying?
5. What do you feel baffled about in the application? Be specific about when and where you feel you can’t apply what usually works or what you theoretically know to do.
6. Where do you have good self-care in place as you move through this? Where are your self-care failures? Are you walking yourself through this kindly, talking to yourself in a supportive way?
7. Where do you notice actual resistance, and what do you understand about your own resistance? Where do you have no clue what to do with this resistance?(Resistance can include fear, defensiveness, anger, frustration, even sadness—not feeling sad, but persisting in seeing what’s happening as sad by definition; any form of contraction; focusing on things you have no control over or are trying to control though they’re not actually yours to control; focusing on what’s wrong with you or judging yourself, so that you end up in a shame eddy and can’t move anything forward or see anything possible.)
8. How do you think this issue relates to your Enneagram type? (https://www.enneagraminstitute.com; this link is provided especially for those already engaged with the Enneagram. Don’t even try to answer this question if you don’t know your type! Refer to this site if you want to look again and understand more about your type’s strategy. Reminder that the Recommendations for Growth all the way at the bottom of each type’s write-up are priceless and may further clarify the themes you’ve already been up against and working on your entire life.)
9. Please articulate what you want from me. How can I help? What do you most wish to get from my engagement and response?